Room Aroma Information
All our isopropyl nitrite based products are sold as Room Odorants or Aroma only. Although research indicates it is generally safe to do so, we do not encourage the misuse of our products as poppers. We are not responsible for the media claims that poppers are said to be aphrodisiacs or sex drugs, and we do not endorse such claims. Our Aroma products contain highly pure isopropyl nitrite. It is not possible to import others than isopropyl into the EU.
The commonly street name of the aromas as "Poppers" was given to the class of compounds called the nitrites. Included in this class of compounds are amyl-, butyl- and isobutyl nitrite among several other nitrites. In 2007 the EU law has changed and the new isopropyl based formula has become an excellent alternative to the former content and has kept it's fast selling status. All our products have fitted child-proof caps, which is in accordance with the legislation of the EU and do have the triangle warning for the blind.
There's no evidence of long-term psychological or physical damage as a result of regular use of nitrites as room odoriser, but there are some risks......
- Harmful by inhalation directly through the bottle. There's a change of a short headache or a little blackout.
- Avoid prolonged inhalation of vapor. Excessive use of nitrites can cause anemia. Keep out of reach of children.
- Avoid contact with skin. If the liquid contacts the skin, it irritates and can develop a rash around the lips, cheeks and nose. In case of contact with eyes or skin flush freely with plenty of water and get prompt medical attention.
- Nitrites are highly inflammable, so please be careful with cigarettes or lighters.
- Anyone with anemia, glaucoma, hemorrhoids, a bad heart condition or in pregnancy, should avoid the use of nitrites at all cost!
- Never swallow nitrites, cause it may result in a reduction of oxygen in the blood. Dangerous! If swallowed give one or two glasses of water or milk, induce vomiting and get medical attention.
- NEVER use nitrites and VIAGRA or CIALIS at the same time ! They both lower the blood pressure which could suddenly drop to an unsafe or life threatening level. Viagra must never be used by men taking nitrites! (read the info-leaflet to Viagra).
- The possession of nitrites for personal use is not illegal in the USA, United-Kingdom, France, Germany, Netherlands, Japan, Suisse and a lot of other country's as far as we know, but check your local law if you want to import them into your country.
The product is classified and labelled in accordance with 67/548/EEC of the labeling of this type of goods. The aromas have the following risk factors applicable:
- R11 highly flammable
- R23 toxic by inhalation
- R28 very toxic if swallowed
- S1 keep out of the reach of children
- S2 keep locked up
- S16 keep away from source of ignition no smoking
- S28 after contact with skin, wash immediately with plenty of water
- S36/37 wear suitable protective clothing and gloves
- S45 in case of accident or if you feel unwell seek medical advise immediately show the label where possible
- S63 in case of accident by inhalation; remove casualty to fresh air and keep at rest
- These products should not be sold to person under the age of 18.
- These products are sold as room aromas and for no other use.
- Please follow the directions for use carefully.
- Remove the cap, place the bottle on a level surface and allow the aroma to develop in the room.
- Do not inhale the contents directly from the bottle.
Store your nitrites cold and dark, because the compound will disintegrate by room temperature and the effect will decline. If storing in a refrigerator and after you take the bottle out, beware the liquid for the moist on the bottle which will appear because of the contact between room temperature and the cold glass. If this moist contacts the liquid the compound will change after a while in a bad smelling liquid and the effect will reduce fast. So let the bottle get to room temperature first before opening it, this will take about 15 minutes. The better brands do have a little Power-Pak Pellet™ ceramic pellet inside to bind possibly impurity molecules.
The difference in strength between nitrites general are not that much, but beware of house brands or own mixings and watch out for copies which won't work and might harm you. Only the real, original sealed, registered brands are guaranteed clean and pure. Look out for the ® and ™ signs on the bottle, pure nitrites smells smooth with a pleasant and aromatic fragrance